Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sweet new idea: "Social Networking"


I consider myself an entreprenuer-in-waiting, a caterpillar developing in my cubicle-cocoon to one day be able to spread my beautiful wings and fly solo. To drink the nectar of the fruits of my own labor & to laugh in the face of failure while making my own way are some of my heart's deepest desires. In other words, I don't want to be held down by "The Man". I want to be "The Man" - a benevolent dictator, if you will.

There are some obstacles to this lifelong dream of mine, specifically in the way of ideas. In this fast-paced, technology-driven culture, new and unique ideas can be few and far-between when the profit potential of any given idea is taken into consideration. In this dog-eat-dog world, any risks taken must be carefully calculated and weighed against a benchmark of success, with the possibility of failure as a real, tangible option. In short, finding an idea that has a chance of working is HARD!

Difficulty is merely an obstacle on the road to success - it's not a show-stopper, it's not a deal-breaker, and it's definitely not a reason to curl up in the fetal position and suck your thumb while wishing you were a child again in the fort you built in your room where all was right with the world and the only concern consisted on whether or not you could keep the sheets dry that night because mom & dad were getting annoyed with your bed-wetting habits. Rather, difficulty is what makes each one of us stronger and more aptly prepared to achieve the levels of success we desire. It builds character and feeds the soul.

In my lifetime of searching for the one idea to put me over the top, I have suffered periods of extreme frustration, humiliation, and countless freak-out sessions. Those days, my friends, are over. I have a wonderful new idea for a website, and this one should put me over the top and propel me to the top of the business world. Here goes:

It would be an online "community" of sorts, where people can "friend" other people and see what they're doing at any given time. Members would have their own unique "profile" in which they interact with other people & their respective profiles. They would have the ability to post little messages on each others' profiles & even upload pictures and videos where they can "tag" their friends. In essence, it's a site where people can network in an online social setting. I think this "social networking" thing could possibly take off to heights that nobody could ever imagine. I'm not sure what I'll call it yet, but I keep coming back to "MySpot" and "Facepage" as the two that hit home for me. Maybe I'll enlist the help of a few focus groups to help me name my new company - We all know that focus groups are the core of the business world today. Like little lab rats for companies, except I wouldn't inject them with cancer like some companies do to actual rats...

I fully expect this endeavor to take me to the pinnacle of the tech business world. I haven't recieved any interview requests from Fast Company or Inc. Magazine just yet, but I expect both to come knocking at my door any minute. With an idea this original, they better jump on the ball. I'm a rising star and I won't stop for just little ol' anybody...Hop on my bandwagon people!

No comments:

Post a Comment