Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just seems like a bad idea



While I'm not your average conspiracy theorist or even run-of-the-mill over-reactor, however I still can't help but think that this is just asking for trouble.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8297811.stm

Basically what is going to happen is they are going to crash a large rocket into the Moon at what one estimate put at 5,600 mph (ie. very very fast). Why are they doing this? The reasoning given is to see if there is indeed in fact water on the Moon. Great! Just what I was wondering about. Why not put a big hole in the Moon, I'm sure no one will care.


Hey what else would we want to spend $79 million on?

Healthcare? Nah ...
The Economy? Not happening ...
A ridiculous amount of Little Debbie Brownies? That might even be a better investment ...


Oh well, I'm not a scientist. What do I know? Well I do know how the movie Armaggaedon ended ...

1 comment:

  1. You know, I heard an evening talk show host pretty much say the same thing tonight...Although he offered an even better solution: Just blow up the moon. I mean, it doesn't have a HUGE purpose or anything - think about it - you could go out to "Hamiltucky" and drink a few beers with the good ol' boys and watch the best fireworks show ever...THAT would be a good way to spend the money!

    ReplyDelete