Friday, October 2, 2009

Didn't get the vote

So it looks as if Chicago has lost its bid for the 2016 Olympics.

I can't believe it. It just doesn't make sense. Chicago had the odds in its favor. It had not only Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, and Hillary Clinton supporting it. It had Barack and Oprah! I didn't know it was possible to not support them. Are those IOC voters sure they voted properly? Can we have a recount?

I mean I always thought a good speech and a little Oprah support ensured a guaranteed victory. Heck that worked for Tom Cruise and Scientology. Once Tom bounced around on Oprah's couch and spoke some serious Scientology nonsense at us, it didn't seem quite as crazy ... right?

I'm sure Obama and Oprah hope that America doesn't take note. It seems you can oppose their views and you won't spontaneously combust?! I know ... how dare those IOC voters?

Hey nevermind that South America has never hosted the Olympics. Nevermind that in the midst of tough economic times Obama doesn't mind spending another $5 - $40 billion dollars on a few week event. He gave a speech dang it! And he had Oprah backing him (read: if Obama jumped off a bridge, would you? joke).

Well at least it eases my mind a bit that during the firestorm of contraversial political topics currently amonst us: Iran, Healthcare debate, still unresolved weak economy, etc etc etc ... at least Obama is concerned about the important stuff like getting the Olympics in Chicago and this. Thank you, I was a tad worried about all those texting-driving FBI agents. They are such a hazard!

Final thought: What about the Olympics in Cincy?? Maybe after the Bengals take a Superbowl ...

2 comments:

  1. We can host the Luge in our backyard!

    BTW what's with the Pepto Bismal Pink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have personally found myself drifting like a corner store receipt on the winds of change that Obama blows forth, and have waited to form preferences till Oprah gives me impetus. It is unfathomable that people could disagree with such wisdom. It's not what you say but how you say it, and these two say it SO well. What matters is that the rest of the world, which was so smart when they didn't like Bush, is now so stupid for not agreeing with Obama. I love being liberal! My mind can change in a heartbeat and I still feel true to myself!

    ReplyDelete