Monday, September 14, 2009

Job Options

Lately I've been considering a new career path in order to spice things up a little bit. I'm not really sure what I want to do, but I have narrowed my search criteria down with two revealing categories that will factor into a decision. Firstly, it's important to find something I am genuinely passionate about for the sake of itself so that I can jump out of bed every morning with a smile on my face, knowing the joy that I will be spending the bulk of my day at my beloved job. Secondly, goes against the first point, but I've been doing some thinking and it seems to add up: money solves all problems, and therefore, higher paying job is all that matters. Now let's look at the facts:

- Pay off student loans or buy food? Do them both with a higher paying job!
- Tired of dealing with the stress of everyday life? Go on sweet exotic vacations (New Zealand, Hawaii, or Cleveland to name a few) with higher paying job!
- Feel like our country's going to the crapper? Buy the Democratic party and put an end to it with a higher paying job!
- Solve world hunger? Higher paying job!
- World peace? Buy off China, Iran, North Korea, and Steve with a higher paying job!

Now sure, you can argue with me that money won't fix the human soul, and all we really need is to bring Christ's love into the world. Maybe I should focus on finding a job I'll genuinely enjoy, but you have to admit that some of my points are compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment