Wednesday, September 23, 2009

401k

I just recieved an email from my 401k provider letting me know about some of the changes that will be affecting my account. I was grateful, because I had been wondering when they were going to alter the "composite benchmark" and get some new "underlying fund investments". Come on already! That doesn't even take into account the new "equity allocation changes" they threw in for good measure.

Seriously?!

I consider myself to be just as smart as the next guy, and I pride myself on knowing something about how our banking system works, but as soon as my bank or investment provider lets me know anything, I get the feeling that I'm getting screwed out of my money due to the Greenspan-esque sentence construction meant to "keep me informed" of what's going on with my investments.

In any case, I guess I'll just keep feeding my money into this monster in the hopes that one day I can live in my beach-side condo in Florida...or maybe move to Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment