Thursday, June 4, 2009

College Diet/Fasting

I've been on the college diet for a couple months now. It's not fun. In January, I would have never dreamed that peanut butter would ever get old, but while it still reserves a special place in my heart as one of my favorite foods, I'm tired of it. I knew I would get tired of eating ramen for a month, but I never thought that would happen with such a wonderful food like peanut butter. You do what you can on a budget though.

This blog post by Patrick Madrid shared by my bro Brian on Google Reader has gotten me thinking about how much I really do care about the food that I eat. While I may not be excessively overeating or eating for the sake of having something to do, the fact that I consistently feed my physical hunger for food can be directly connected to the health of my relationship with God.

I'm just coming to the realization that the time is now to be prepared for Christ's second coming (Sure took a while, huh?). Gotta remove those barriers that keep Him at a distance. Food is just one example, I could go on all day with a host of other things I need to do, but this is a good start. Let's GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment